- The cell will deal with cases/complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable action there on in the manner and mode as per the college norms.
- At least 50% of the members of the cell may be women.
- At least one of the members of the cell may be person with a legal background.
- The Cell provides assistance to the Faculty/Colleges/Institute for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- The Cell may form/review the guidelines/policy for redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and Government Agencies.
If you are being harassed, this is what you can do:
- Don’t feel a sense of shame. Tell the harasser very clearly that you find his behavior offensive.
- Don’t ignore the harassment in the hope that it will stop on its own. Come forward and complain.
- Talk to somebody you trust about the harassment. It will not only give you strength but also help others in similar situations to come forward and complain.
- Maintain a record of all incidents of sexual harassment in a note book.
In view of the increasing number of girl students in the campus, Women Grievance Redressal Cell makes every effort to ensure that the girl at home. The cell resolves common problems of girl students and also takes up individual cases of sexual harassment, if any. Ragging in the hostels is totally disallowed, and any adventure in this respect is punishable.